Kanawha United Presbyterian Church
Church Administrator Job Description – Part Time Interim
A church administrator has responsibilities that are similar to those of a business manager or office administrator. The position will continue until a permanent position is filled, approximately two or three months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Church Administrator
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Prepares and E-mails Liturgist script weekly.
- Prepares and sends weekly “This Week at KUPC” calendar by e-mail
- Maintains office equipment and office supplies.
- Collection of elements, editing and production of Sunday Worship Bulletins/insert(s) and those for special services (Christmas Eve, Funeral/Memorial services, etc.)
- Maintaining files of official church records and documents (electronically and hard copy).
- Maintains church calendar.
- Periodic Mass Mailings to the congregation and wider community.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Pays close attention to detail and has excellent record keeping abilities.
• Has knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
• Has the ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Has knowledge of and supports the church’s mission statement, beliefs and commitment.
Education and Experience
- Experience working in an office.
- Experience facing various deadlines associated with publications.
Hours/Wage Rate Hours per week: 5-10 (with flexibility in setting regular hours) Pay is $18.00 per hour.
Benefits: FICA will be paid. There are no other benefits.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to – email@example.com
or mail to KUPC, 1009 Virginia St. East, Charleston, WV 25301
KUPC is an equal opportunity employer