Kanawha United Presbyterian Church
Church Music Director – Part Time Interim
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Select hymns appropriate in conjunction with the pastor which are reflective of the liturgical season and designated Scripture texts.
- Provide overall direction and rehearsal of the Adult Choir, Children’s Choir and Hand Bell Choir.
- Serve until a permanent position is filled; approximately three to four months.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of Presbyterian worship tradition and a theological understanding of the church sufficient to appropriately select music and texts for traditional worship.
- Has excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Possesses the ability to skillfully coordinate the work of a large group of volunteers.
- Has knowledge of and supports the church’s mission statement, beliefs and commitment.
Hours/Wage Rate Hours per week: 5 – 10 (with flexibility in setting regular hours) Pay is $200.00 per week. Benefits: FICA will be paid. There are no other benefits.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to – email@example.com
or mail to KUPC, 1009 Virginia St. East, Charleston, WV 25301
KUPC is an equal opportunity employer