Kanawha United Presbyterian Church
Organist – Part Time Interim
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of an Organist – Part Time Interim
- Capable of expertly playing our Reiger-Kloss Organ and piano.
- Assist with selecting hymns appropriate in conjunction with the pastor which are reflective of the liturgical season and designated Scripture texts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Presbyterian worship tradition and a theological understanding of the church sufficient to appropriately select music and texts for traditional worship.
- Has excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Possesses the ability to skillfully coordinate with a large group of volunteers.
- Has knowledge of and supports the church’s mission statement, beliefs and commitment.
- Position will extend until a permanent position is filled; or the end of December, 2016 whichever comes first.
Hours/Wage Rate Hours per week: 10 (with flexibility in setting regular hours) Pay is $200 per week.
Benefits: FICA will be paid. There are no other benefits.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to – email@example.com
or mail to KUPC, 1009 Virginia St. East, Charleston, WV 25301
KUPC is an equal opportunity employer